Ridgecrest Advisors’ Client Perficient Acquires IBM Smarter Commerce Division of Trifecta Technologies
St. Louis – May 8, 2014 – Ridgecrest Advisors announced today that its client, Perficient, Inc. (NASDAQ: PRFT), a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers throughout North America, has acquired the IBM Smarter Commerce division of Trifecta Technologies (“Trifecta”), an $8 million annual services revenue business and information technology consulting firm focused on IBM WebSphere Commerce solutions.
Perficient’s annualized revenues now exceed $450 million, and the transaction is expected to be accretive to adjusted earnings per share immediately.
“We’re excited to add to our IBM commerce capabilities with the acquisition of a talented team of commerce experts,” said Jeffrey Davis, Perficient’s chief executive officer and president. “With this addition, Perficient has strengthened our ability to deliver larger, more powerful commerce solutions for our enterprise customers.”
“Today’s empowered consumers expect brands to provide a unified and consistent experience across all channels – websites, kiosks, mobile phones and the customer service center. Clients are under increased pressure to rethink their commerce strategies to provide dynamic and compelling experiences on secure and scalable platforms,” said John Jenkins, vice president of Perficient’s IBM national business unit. “Trifecta’s exemplary IBM WebSphere Commerce expertise and award-winning commerce offering enhance Perficient’s ability to deliver comprehensive, fast, flexible and cost-effective omni-channel commerce solutions to our clients, helping them transform the consumer relationship through personalized experiences.”
- Deepens and expands Perficient’s existing omni-channel commerce industry business processes and best practices, which complements the company’s existing offerings;
- Strengthens Perficient’s overall IBM partnership and capabilities by bringing extensive experience and intellectual property assets in the implementation, integration, migration, and hosting of IBM commerce solutions;
- Adds more than 40 consulting, technology, sales and support professionals; and
- Adds client relationships with leading enterprise customers including BonTon, Cardinal Health, Carhartt, Perfumania, Sears Canada, Tandus, Varsity Wacoal, and many others.
Trifecta Vice President Kevin Doyle joins Perficient in a key leadership role.
“Perficient is highly regarded as one of IBM’s most established and capable business partners,” said Doyle. “We’re thrilled to join the Perficient team, combining our commerce expertise and experience with their wide-ranging IBM capabilities to deliver high-value solutions.”
The closing consideration paid in the transaction is approximately $13.7 million and includes approximately $12.7 million in cash and approximately $1.0 million worth of Perficient common stock (based on the average closing price of Perficient’s common stock on the NASDAQ Global Select Market for the 30 trading days immediately preceding the acquisition closing date per the terms of the acquisition agreement). This amount is subject to change based on net working capital adjustments determined in the months following the closing date.
Perficient’s newly–expanded IBM Commerce team will be present at IBM’s 2014 Smarter Commerce Summit, held May 13-15 at the Tampa Convention Center. IBM’s Smarter Commerce Summit is the global event for technology and business leaders looking to transform business processes that help companies buy, market, sell and service their products and services. During the summit, the Perficient team will serve as a gold sponsor and have a presence in Booth G-1. Experts will discuss how Perficient draws on its collective experience to provide a complete marketing-to-fulfillment set of solutions that utilizes the core features of the IBM Smarter Commerce Portfolio.
Randy Grigg, managing partner of Ridgecrest Advisors, advised Perficient on the transaction in his capacity as a registered investment banking agent of M&A Securities Group, Inc. “Trifecta brings to Perficient a powerful combination of deep business process expertise in commerce solutions as well as outstanding experience in IBM’s Smarter Commerce product suite,” said Grigg.
Perficient is a leading information technology and management consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. Perficient’s professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and three offshore locations, in Eastern Europe, India, and China. Perficient helps clients use Internet-based technologies to improve productivity and competitiveness, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, and reduce information technology costs. Perficient, traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, is a member of the Russell 2000® index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index. Perficient is an award-winning “Premier Level” IBM business partner, a Microsoft National Systems Integrator and Gold Certified Partner, an Oracle Platinum Partner, a Gold Salesforce.com Cloud Alliance Partner, a TeamTIBCO partner, and an EMC Select Services Team Partner. For more information, please visit www.perficient.com.
About Trifecta Technologies IBM Smarter Commerce Division
Now in its third decade, Trifecta develops innovative, high-value web-based business solutions using the latest eCommerce, cloud, web application and mobile technologies. The IBM Smarter Commerce division of Trifecta is amongst a select group of IBM Smarter Commerce Authorized partners, with a rich history of helping clients achieve great success selling online. Trifecta has offices in the technology corridor in eastern Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley, Toronto, Ontario, Canada and in Visakhapatnam, India. To learn more, visit http://www.trifecta.com.
About Ridgecrest Advisors
Ridgecrest Advisors is an investment banking and business consulting firm dedicated to helping technology consulting firms dramatically increase enterprise value. Ridgecrest Advisors helps clients in four core areas:
- Buy-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients increase enterprise value by successfully executing transactions which fortify, extend or transform their businesses. We have run three of the most active acquisition programs in the sector over the last 15 years and bring deep insight into full lifecycle M&A efforts.
- Sell-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients achieve premium valuations with attractive deal structures through a process that emphasizes speed and risk mitigation. Our deep industry expertise, expansive relationships with the buyer community and unmatched understanding of the perspectives of acquiring firms provide a unique ability to execute optimal transactions.
- Business consulting: Our Enterprise Value Optimization program helps technology consulting clients improve relative performance visibility, increase profit margins and reduce business risk. With our extensive experience from evaluating hundreds of consultancies while running acquisition programs, we bring unique insight into key performance indicator benchmarks and best practices of highly profitable firms.
- Private placements: Our ability to successfully raise capital allows our technology consulting clients to build value through funded strategic investment and reduce personal financial risk by realizing partial liquidity on their ownership positions. We have extensive relationships with private equity and debt financing providers who have experience and/or interest in the technology consulting sector.
All services involving securities are offered through M&A Securities Group, Inc. (“MAS”), member FINRA/SiPC; 4151 North Mulberry Drive, Suite 252; Kansas City, MO 64116; 816.888.7920. MAS and Ridgecrest are not affili