Ridgecrest Advisors’ Client Perficient Acquires CoreMatrix
Acquisition Expands Salesforce.com Partnership
St. Louis – October 14, 2013 – Ridgecrest Advisors announced today that its client, Perficient, Inc. (NASDAQ: PRFT), a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers throughout North America, has acquired CoreMatrix Systems LLC (“CoreMatrix”), a $15 million annual services revenue consulting firm specializing in salesforce.com cloud computing services and solutions.
Perficient’s current annualized revenues are now approaching $400 million, and the transaction is expected to be accretive to adjusted earnings per share immediately.
“We’re excited to add to our cloud computing expertise with another acquisition of a quickly-growing salesforce.com consulting firm,” said Jeffrey Davis, Perficient’s chief executive officer and president. “CoreMatrix’s strong East Coast presence complements our acquisition earlier this year of West Coast-based, salesforce.com-focused Clear Task. We now have the comprehensive capacity to sell and deliver Salesforce solutions across the entire United States. Furthermore, we’re excited to add another high-growth and well-run firm with excellent operating metrics to Perficient.”
“Cloud computing has emerged as a key enabler for business efficiency and agility. There is a growing demand from enterprises to move their operations to the cloud to reduce costs, empower business innovation, and create responsive and social organizations,” said Kathy Henely, Perficient’s chief operating officer. “Perficient’s current cloud expertise includes offerings from many of the world’s leading cloud computing providers – IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and salesforce.com. With the addition of CoreMatrix, Perficient has further enhanced its salesforce.com partnership, helping clients effectively address market changes through customized Service Cloud, Sales Cloud and Force.com offerings.”
The acquisition of CoreMatrix:
- Expands Perficient’s partnership with salesforce.com, deepening the company’s cloud computing offerings, social strategy and execution services, and customer relationship management (CRM) user adoption and change management services;
- Adds nearly 75 consulting, technology, sales and support professionals; and
- Adds client relationships with enterprise customers including American Express, AVON, Bank of America, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Bridgestone, Computer Associates, Dell, GE, GTECH, Norwegian Cruise Line, PGA Tour, PharmaNet, RockTenn, State Farm, Transocean, Vertex and many more.
CoreMatrix Managing Members Frank McMahon and Paul Nix join Perficient in key leadership roles.
“Perficient is well known for its expertise across many technology platforms and is already perceived as one of the leading cloud consulting and systems integration consulting firms in the country,” said McMahon. “Joining the Perficient team accelerates our collective opportunities for further growth and success.”
The closing consideration paid in the transaction is approximately $21.5 million and includes $18.5 million in cash and approximately $3 million worth of Perficient common stock. Additional consideration of up to $10 million is subject to certain financial achievements and working capital provisions.
Randy Grigg, managing partner of Ridgecrest Advisors, advised Perficient on the transaction in his capacity as a registered investment banking agent of M&A Securities Group, Inc. “CoreMatrix is a perfect complement to the Clear Task acquisition from earlier this year and positions Perficient extremely well as a leading, nationwide provider of salesforce.com consulting expertise,” said Grigg.
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. Perficient’s professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and three offshore locations, in Eastern Europe, India, and China. Perficient helps clients use Internet-based technologies to improve productivity and competitiveness, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, and reduce information technology costs. Perficient, traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, is a member of the Russell 2000® index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index. Perficient is an award-winning “Premier Level” IBM business partner, a TeamTIBCO partner, a Microsoft National Systems Integrator and Gold Certified Partner, an EMC Select Services Team Partner, and an Oracle Platinum Partner.
CoreMatrix is a leading provider of cloud computing consulting, systems integration, social strategy development, custom application development and managed services for mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies. With experience gained from over 1,800 cloud computing engagements, CoreMatrix is dedicated to helping customers achieve their objectives and obtain the greatest value from their investments.
About Ridgecrest Advisors
Ridgecrest Advisors is an investment banking and business consulting firm dedicated to helping technology consulting firms dramatically increase enterprise value. Ridgecrest Advisors helps clients in four core areas:
1. Buy-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients increase enterprise value by successfully executing transactions which fortify, extend or transform their businesses. We have run three of the most active acquisition programs in the sector over the last 15 years and bring deep insight into full lifecycle M&A efforts.
2. Sell-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients achieve premium valuations with attractive deal structures through a process that emphasizes speed and risk mitigation. Our deep industry expertise, expansive relationships with the buyer community and unmatched understanding of the perspectives of acquiring firms provide a unique ability to execute optimal transactions.
3. Business consulting: Our Enterprise Value Optimization program helps technology consulting clients improve relative performance visibility, increase profit margins and reduce business risk. With our extensive experience from evaluating hundreds of consultancies while running acquisition programs, we bring unique insight into key performance indicator benchmarks and best practices of highly profitable firms.
4. Private placements: Our ability to successfully raise capital allows our technology consulting clients to build value through funded strategic investment and reduce personal financial risk by realizing partial liquidity on their ownership positions. We have extensive relationships with private equity and debt financing providers who have experience and/or interest in the technology consulting sector.
All services involving securities are offered through M&A Securities Group, Inc. (“MAS”), member FINRA/SiPC; 4151 North Mulberry Drive, Suite 252; Kansas City, MO 64116; 816.888.7920. MAS and Ridgecrest are not affiliated en