Perficient Acquires speakTECH
St. Louis, MO – December 13, 2010 – Ridgecrest Advisors announced today that its client, Perficient, Inc. (NASDAQ: PRFT), a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers throughout North America, has acquired speakTECH, an interactive design firm and Microsoft National Systems Integrator partner with approximately $16 million in annual revenues. The transaction is expected to increase Perficient’s current annualized revenues to nearly $230 million – with 1,400 consulting, technology, sales and support professionals in North America. The acquisition is expected to be accretive to earnings per share in 2011.
“We’re pleased to add speakTECH’s proven sales and delivery teams, attractive services mix, and impressive client roster and bill rates in this well-structured transaction,” said Jeffrey Davis, Perficient’s chief executive officer and president. “The acquisition of speakTECH further strengthens Perficient’s ability to bring a comprehensive portfolio of business-driven technology solutions to market and is a great way to close 2010. We’re looking forward to pursuing additional acquisition opportunities in 2011.”
“speakTECH’s interactive design, social media and collaboration consulting capabilities are highly complementary to several of Perficient’s existing focus areas,” said Kathy Henely, Perficient’s chief operating officer. “We see opportunity to introduce speakTECH’s offerings to our current client base – and expect our user experience, portals and commerce practices, in particular – each to benefit from the addition of speakTECH’s offerings to our portfolio.”
The acquisition of speakTECH also:
- Increases Perficient’s market presence in California and Texas, large and growing markets for enterprise technology services;
- Adds nearly 120 consulting, technology, sales and support professionals; and
- Adds client relationships with enterprise customers including Fox, ABC, Allergan, Intel, Dell, Microsoft, Toyota, Micron, Pepsi Co, the State of Texas and many more.
“Joining Perficient presents tremendous opportunity for our company and our customers,” said Aaron Sloman, speakTECH’s chief executive. “It will not only accelerate the success and momentum of our business but also provide our clients access to a much broader array of solutions and services.” speakTECH CEO Aaron Sloman will join Perficient in a key leadership role, serving as the General Manager of Perficient’s ‘Microsoft West’ business unit, reporting directly to Don Kasica, Perficient’s VicePresident of Field Operations, West.
The consideration paid in the transaction is approximately $15 million and includes $7.5 million in cash and approximately $7.5 million worth of Perficient common stock (based on the average closing price of Perficient’s common stock on the NASDAQ Global Select Market for the thirty trading days immediately preceding the acquisition close per the terms of the acquisition agreement). $5 million of the total consideration is subject to earnout and working capital provisions.
Randy Grigg, Managing Partner of Ridgecrest Advisors, advised Perficient on the transaction in his capacity as a registered investment banking agent of Burch & Company, Inc. “The acquisition of speakTECH combines two Microsoft National Systems Integrator partners to greatly strengthen Perficient’s collaboration offering while bringing very well regarded interactive design and enterprise social media capabilities to Perficient’s suite of services,” said Grigg.
# # #
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. Perficient’s professionals serve clients from a network of offices in North America and three offshore locations, in Eastern Europe, India and China. Perficient helps clients use Internet-based technologies to improve productivity and competitiveness, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners and reduce information technology costs. Perficient, traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market(SM), is a member of the Russell 2000® index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index. Perficient is an award-winning “Premier Level” IBM business partner, a TeamTIBCO partner, a Microsoft National Systems Integrator and Gold Certified Partner, a Documentum Select Services Team Partner and an Oracle Certified Partner. For more information, please visit www.perficient.com.
speakTECH is an interactive design and solution integration firm delivering innovative solutions in the areas of Web-Based, Enterprise wide collaboration and Social Computing. We specialize in uniting technology, riveting design and interactive experience into powerful, world-class business solutions. Established in 2005, speakTECH has grown to become a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, National Systems Integrator, and has been honored with numerous design awards.
About Ridgecrest Advisors
Ridgecrest Advisors is an investment banking and business consulting firm dedicated to helping technology consulting firms dramatically increase enterprise value. Ridgecrest Advisors helps clients in four core areas:
1. Buy-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients increase enterprise value by successfully executing transactions which fortify, extend or transform their businesses. We have run three of the most active acquisition programs in the sector over the last 15 years and bring deep insight into full lifecycle M&A efforts.
2. Sell-side M&A advisory: We help technology consulting clients achieve premium valuations with attractive deal structures through a process that emphasizes speed and risk mitigation. Our deep industry expertise, expansive relationships with the buyer community and unmatched understanding of the perspectives of acquiring firms provide a unique ability to execute optimal transactions.
3. Business consulting: Our Enterprise Value Optimization program helps technology consulting clients improve relative performance visibility, increase profit margins and reduce business risk. With our extensive experience from evaluating hundreds of consultancies while running acquisition programs, we bring unique insight into key performance indicator benchmarks and best practices of highly profitable firms.
4. Private placements: Our ability to successfully raise capital allows our technology consulting clients to build value through funded strategic investment and reduce personal financial risk by realizing partial liquidity on their ownership positions. We have extensive relationships with private equity and debt financing providers who have experience and/or interest in the technology consulting sector.
All services involving securities are offered through Burch & Company, Inc., member FINRA/SiPC ; 4151 North Mulberry Drive, Suite 235; Kansas City, MO 64116; 816.842.4660. Burch and Ridgecrest are not affiliated entities.